A few weeks ago, my pop-up hide that I placed at the Oasis got blown away by very strong winds during a storm. Luckily it got caught up on a fence about 50 meters away so I was able to recover it.
I didn’t put it back in place and decided that I would build a more permanent solution. Yesterday afternoon, I got to work on making a simple and cheap hide. All of the materials where left overs from the previous owners of our house, so actually cost nothing to make.
I used fence posts as the supports for the hide, using an old garden chair to gauge the size.
Next I cut to size some pieces of timber to hold the structure together. These are also used to staple the outer material later.